October 14, 2015

5 Week Running Challenge!



I love cardio!! I know, I'm weird, but some of you out there might love cardio too! If you don't, you might start to love it once you start to make it a habit, or maybe you will just hate it a little less. I've put together a little running challenge for you to follow over the next 5 weeks. You can easily modify this plan by completing the mileage goal for the day in whatever amount of time you are comfortable with. You can also repeat a week until you feel ready to move on to the next. Make sure that you are challenging your mind and your body, but also be careful to listen when your body is over-tired or at risk for injury. 
I've recommended one or two days a week that you could still get some alternative cardio miles in and get your heart rate up but give your body a change of pace from running. The days that are set aside for rest days can be moved around if those don't work for your schedule, but you want to make sure that you are getting recovery time! The sprint workout days are meant to be adjusted faster or slower to your sprinting pace. I also like to add some incline into the mix for that day as well! Make sure that you are properly warmed up if you are going to run at a fast pace, and give yourself a little bit of cool-down time as well.  While you should go at your own pace, I challenge you to find a consistent pace to try to stick to throughout your run; remember that running is a hugely mental activity and you are capable of doing anything you set out to do! Please comment to let me know how you are feeling and with helpful tips you learn throughout the challenge! 



I am not a personal trainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment